1. Long Arm Quilting Machine for Sale:
- Myra from Coral Springs has a Tin Lizzie Eighteen for sale. She purchased it from Sunshine Sewing in Margate, Florida and has barely used it.
- The cost was over $8,000 new, but Myra is willing to sell it for around $4,000. She has a second set of handles and a huge roll of batting that go with the machine. She believes that someone from Sunshine Quilting may be able to disassemble the machine for shipping or local pick-up.
- Please email us at southfloridamod [at] gmail [dot] com for Myra's contact information!
2. Workshop: Ceramic Beads, Buttons and Buckles
- An instructor from the Museum of Art / AutoNation Academy of Art in downtown Fort Lauderdale is holding a workshop in June.
- The workshop focuses on creating ceramic beads, buttons and buckles.
- The dates are June 4th - 6th, from 12pm to 3pm.
- Please click HERE for more information and registration!
3. Threadbias: New Website and Giveaways!
- A member of the Portland Modern Quilt Guild recently emailed us to introduce Threadbias.com, a new website for people having fun with fabric. The website hopes to foster conversation among sewers/quilters and provide a place to share ideas and be inspired.
- The website is hosting a lot of free giveaways as part of its kickoff!
- Membership is free, and you can reach the site at Threadbias.com.
4. Quilt Commission Request:
- Sara, one of our members, was recently contacted by a woman who wants to have quilt made for her son out of her late husband's clothes. Sara is not able to accept the commission, but she thought that another member might be able to take on this project.
- If one of our members is interested in making a commission quilt, please contact us at southfloridamod [at] gmail [dot] com for Sara's contact information!
5. Quilt Block Challenge:
- We previously posted about the Quilt Block Challenge that the Modern Quilt Guild started as part of the first-ever QuiltCon convention, to be held in February 2013.
- One of our members thought this would be a great opportunity for our guild to donate some blocks!
- Please let us know if you are interested in participating. We can also discuss this at future meetings.
- You can find out more about the Quilt Block Challenge HERE.