1. We welcomed everyone and had an icebreaker about the origins of our ugly fat quarters!
2. April Sewing Day:
3. May and Summer Meetings:
4. We started a Round Robin quilt with a hedgehog quilt block! This paper-pieced pattern is available for free HERE, along with other great free patterns. I enlarged the dimensions approximately 130%.
|Start of the Round Robin quilt!|
5. We had a great mini-lecture from Diane (an AQS-certified appraiser) about how she appraises quilts and her background. If you are interested in contacting Diane for a quilt appraisal, her website is HERE!
6. We had a discussion on fabric stash organization. If you are interested in trying out the "comic book board method" of folding fabric, there is a great tutorial HERE.
7. We talked about quilt news in the area and handed out fliers for upcoming events.
9. We decided on May's "Thing to Bring" (to be posted in an upcoming post). There is no "Thing to Bring" for the April sewing day.
10. We swapped ugly fat quarters, did a Show and Tell of our latest project and had a doorprize raffle.
Here are some photos of the meeting:
|Finished blocks for the February Bee!|
|Flying geese for the March Bee!|
|Strips for Project Linus quilts.|
Happy Passover/Easter/Spring, and happy sewing!