1. We admired the beautiful entries from StitchCraft's summer sewing challenge! There were a lot of amazing entries, and it was fun to see the creative ways that everyone used the focus fabric. We also found out that the grand prize for next year's challenge will be a BabyLock sewing machine!
2. We admired the beautiful finished chicken block quilt, made with the paper pieced blocks from the August meeting. It looks so fun and will be donated to a child in need, thanks to Project Linus!
|Thank you to Jeanne for the incredible quilting!|
3. We also admired the completed Round Robin quilt! This will also go to a child in need through Project Linus.
|Another big thanks to Jeanne for quilting this piece!|
4. We viewed the great quilt blocks that folks made for our group quilt. We hope to enter the group quilt into QuiltCon and/or the Broward quilt show.
As a reminder, blocks are due at the OCTOBER meeting! Click HERE for instructions.
|Some of the completed group quilt blocks.|
|More completed group quilt blocks. Beautiful!|
|Fabric for the Group Quilt.|
6. Quilt News and Events:
--The Boca Raton Museum of Art is still hosting a show called "Politics Not as Usual: Quilts with Something to Say." If you haven't had a chance to see the exhibit, don't miss out on this wonderful event!
--The Gold Coast Guild is hosting a contemporary quilt show at the Highland Beach library from August 1st to October 26th!
--Quiltcon (the Modern Quilt Guild's first convention) will be hosting a quilt show in February.
--Quilters are donating quilts to aid and comfort forest fire victims in the Western US. General guidelines are: adults 72x80 inches, children 60x70 inches, and babies 45 inches square. The quilts are being mailed out by the end of October. If you're interested, email me for more information.
--The Mancuso World Quilt Show will be held in West Palm Beach from November 8th through 10th. It is a great event, with lots of beautiful quilts and vendors. The Gold Coast Quilters Guild is also having a special "red and white" mini-show at the event!
6. We discussed the new Pinterest board for the South Florida Modern Quilt Guild, which you can find here: http://pinterest.com/patchworkduck/south-florida-modern-quilt-guild-projects-and-insp/
7. In lieu of "Things to Bring" for October, we are just finishing our QuiltCon group quilt blocks. Feel free to also bring in lots of show and tell!
Show-and-tell: As a final wrap-up, here are some great September show and tell photos!
October Meeting Reminder: Save the date for Saturday, October 20th, from 10am to 12pm!
As a special treat, we will have a very talented long-arm quilter guest speak about the ins-and-outs of longarm quilting. Also, please feel free to bring in your show and tell, especially if you have Halloween-themed show and tell items!